Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Stim day 11

When the doc says every month/cycle is different, they aren't joking. I never thought in a million years that with this much of injectible medication, that I would be still stimming on day 11 with how fast and good I respond to meds in the past. I was thinking egg retrieval (ER) would be like right now. But no, my last appt yesterday showed my 27 follicles are growing, but they are just taking their time.

I'm now up to taking 3 shots a day. 1 in the morning that started Sunday to help suppress the LH hormone that when it increases it makes you ovulate. But we don't want me to ovulate. So I take this injection to suppress that hormone. The other 2 injections I have been taking since day 1 of stims at night. Both of these are for follicle growth. I have a great number of follicles, just slow at responding. There are women on my message board that started stims after me that are already ready for their ER. However, I am on a lower dose of meds than most because I have a higher AMH level. AMH means Anti-Mullerian Hormone. Basically this means my egg quality is great and I have alot of eggs left. This hormone decreases as we get older where we start having poor quality eggs and not alot of them. That's why woman over the age of 35 start having a harder time getting pregnant. This is the "clock ticking" phrase we hear most woman in their 30s say ;-) You learn something new everyday, right?

Not a whole lot more to update. I go back in tomorrow for another scan. I have a feeling that after tomorrow I will be going back everyday instead of every other day like I have been. I am hoping ER will be the end of the this week (possibly weekend).

No comments:

Post a Comment