Thursday, November 29, 2012

PREGNANT!! OMFG...IT WORKED!



Title says it all! I’m pregnant – IVF worked! I’m still shocked that I can actually say I’m pregnant!

Our beta bloodtest was Monday. I wanted to test the day before so that I knew. They were going to call me at work with the results and if it was negative, I wanted to get my crying out on Sunday rather than at work. I got up at 5am to go pee. I have been getting up to pee A LOT in the past couple weeks. I took a dollar store brand test and I didn’t see anything really come up. I was bumming and was really trying to think of a way to break the news to John that it didn’t work. I went to let the dog out and I came back to the bathroom and I think I see something. I’m pretty sure I see a second faint line. I start pacing. I go out of the bathroom where I meet John in the hallway. I showed him the test and said I think I see something. So I took another dollar test and it came up the same. Now I’m freaking! I told John that I needed to go out and buy some real legit tests. He said ok, assuming I meant later in the day. Are you kidding?! I could be pregnant right now and I need to know RIGHT NOW! So I hop in my car at 5:30am to head to the nearest 24 hours CVS on snow covered roads. I was going a little faster than I should praying to God that this worked and that I wasn’t just losing my mind. I’m assuming the CVS lady who checked me out has seen someone like me coming in the wee hours in the morning to pick up a pack of pregnancy tests…right? I mean, I can’t be the only crazy out there…I make it home and tear that box open like a 5 year old dives into a new box of cereal. It actually was pissing me off because the wrap around the test is so thick and difficult. So I take the test and stare at it…I see a second line emerge immediately. NO WAY!! I run down the hall to John where he is playing video games (I’m sure to take his mind of my craziness) and I showed it to him and said “It’s real, It’s legit!”. He smiled and gave me a high five LOL….so romantic, I know. Be jealous. I did get a hug and kiss later.

Our reactions were not near as what I thought they would be when we found out we were pregnant after this long road. We have been hurt so much in the past 3 years, I guess we have had this guard up. We both are very cautiously optimistic. I spent the whole day staring at my test and googling stuff about pregnancy tests, beta numbers and all sorts of pregnancy related things. We went grocery shopping and I threw 2 more boxes of tests in the cart and John asked why I needed those. I told him to not ask any questions. He was smart to comply.  We came home and I took a digital test. One that comes up with the word “pregnant”. It came up right away!

Next morning I head into the clinic for my official pregnancy bloodtest. I got a call around noon from the fabulous nurse Kris. She is amazing. She said “Congratulations! You’re pregnant!”. Wow…to hear someone else say it and confirm felt wonderful. My beta number was 151. She said it’s a good number and to come back Wednesday morning for a repeat test to make sure my levels are rising. My number should double in 48 hours. We came home and told friends and family who knew we were going through IVF. Of course the reactions were incredible. The feeling of support throughout this journey has been overwhelming. Even in the hardest times, we had people to talk to and vent to.

I went back on Wednesday morning for my repeat bloodtest and that number was 311. It doubled…but barely. The want me to return one more time on Friday for a repeat test. So now we are going to be looking for a number of 622 or better yet, higher. At this point, I’m thinking twins are out of the question. These numbers are very consistent with a singleton pregnancy. But nothing is for sure until an ultrasound which they said should be mid to late next week! So exciting!

So today I’m 4 weeks and 5 days pregnant and I’m due 8/3/13. Six days before Morgan’s 10th birthday! Morgan is thrilled to have another sibling. She can’t wait to start telling her friends that her mama is pregnant. I just want to wait til at least after the ultrasound to make sure all is good. I can’t wait to hear a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment