Saturday, November 10, 2012

Making babies today!

We arrived at the clinic at 6:30am this morning. On our drive there we were both pretty quiet. Tiredness and hunger overcame. As we got closer I looked over at John and said "We're making babies today!". Although we are taking the romance out of the equation, it's still something to look forward to. We have our focus on the results.

They prepped me in my designer gown and footies while they took John back to collect his sample. IV lady blew out my left vein and had to redo the IV in my right arm. I'm gonna have a pretty gnarly bruise on my left arm. I got to meet the Embryologist. She was great. Asking us if there were any special instructions while she watches over our children like no sugar and pop. LOL. I said you make sure you spoil them rotten! I really love all the staff there. After she left I told John that I think she has a pretty awesome job. Creating life! She is playing God. I really think I would thoroughly enjoy doing what she does. Although she was there at 6:30 on a Saturday morning and even on Sundays. But if you love what you do, then it might not be so bad. John said if I go to school to be an Embryologist then he can be a stay at home dad. lol...silly Johnny. So cute.

 I was wheeled into the OR, they started my anesthesia and before I knew it, I'm awake after the procedure. They told me it took about 20 min and they retreived 16 eggs!! I'm very happy with this number.

Now we just wait for our phone call tomorrow mid morning to let us know how many of those eggs were mature and how many fertilized. After that, they don't look at them again until the morning of our transfer, Tuesday.

I'm enjoying my bed rest today drinking lots of Gatorade, V8 and protein such as hard boiled eggs, chicken and mixed nuts. All of these will help prevent OHSS (Ovarian Hyper Stimulation Syndrome) and the protein will also help with implantation of the embryo.

Will update tomorrow with our fertility report. Fingers crossed and prayers and positive thoughts always accepted :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment