Tuesday, October 30, 2012

I'm not alone..


 I knew some people in the past that have had to go through fertility treatments. I don’t know why right now is any different, but it seems as though it has really hit me just how many people I know that are going through this crap and no one is alone in the struggle. Whether it’s in the earlier stages of infertility or their last shot being IVF. I belong to a few different message boards online to talk about and give/get support and advice for what we are enduring. Each and everyone’s story is special and heartbreaking. Whether it’s their journey for their first or their third baby. No matter the circumstances, the pain is the same. I feel lucky that, if I have to go through this, I’m going through it in this day in age. Where I can talk and relate to a woman 6 states away online. The day in age where IVF is a very successful option. Hard to believe that the first “test tube baby” is only 3 years older than me, born in July 1978. The technology is still quite new and has come a long way since then. Some may not agree with the technology and think that we are messing with and mixing Gods will and science. I feel God provided us with the ability to do these things, so why not? Regardless, if IVF works for us, I don’t know one single person who wouldn’t be happy for us due to how the baby was conceived. This seems to be the only way that John is going to experience having a biological child of his own. I can’t wait til the day he gets to hold one of his own.

Stims are going well. Tonight will be day 4 of meds. I went in this morning for u/s and b/w. All is well. They want to keep me on the same dosage and see me Thursday morning. I had a headache all weekend since starting the meds with Monday being the worst. Today I’m much better, but now I’m starting to feel bloated. I have increased my water intake, more so Gatorade and increased my protein. Gatorade and Protein will help prevent OHSS (Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome). If I get OHSS, they will have to cancel the cycle as it can be dangerous. So crossing my fingers that I am doing all things right to help prevent this from happening. Lord knows I can’t take another setback. Keep the prayers coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment