Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Acupuncture and Chiropratic care

Not sure I mentioned it, but I'm doing acupuncture in hopes it helps with our IVF. It has been combined with IVF alot. They say it could be the relaxation, de-stressing and/or promote better blood flow to help an embryo stick and implant. Everyone I know personally who have done IVF and acupuncture together -  it worked! With the amount of money we are investing...er...gambling to create life, might as well go all out and make sure we give it the best shot we got.

I have gone once a week for about a month now. This week I will start goin twice a week for extra relaxtion and de-stressing. The place I go you pay on a sliding scale. You pay anywhere between $20-$40 per session. Whatever you can afford. For acupuncture, that is one helluva deal.

I really enjoy acupuncture. I'm in a giant room with multiple chairs. I have been in there alone the whole time or I have been in there with 5 other people. Depends on the day and time I go. It's called community acupunture. Having a session in a room with others is supposed to have a sense of collective healing energy. Somedays I can understand it, other days not so much. The not so much days come with snorers. What an annoyance while you're trying to relax. So the last 2 sessions I have brought my ipod which proved exactly what I needed. I have been so relaxed and really enjoying my down time.

I have been going to a chiropractor for a couple months now due to some back pain that I think was associated with my car accident. Found out that my neck is the bigger issue. I do not have a curve to my neck like most people do. Which creates alot of pressure.  I really enjoy going and actually take Morgan with me now to get adjusted now that she is in gymnastics. Apparently the chiropractors see alot of kids and alot of gymnasts. Rather her be in this sport well adjusted than to see her seriously injure herself.

While I was there for my consulatation, they mentioned that they also help with infertility. How they explained it is chiro care is more about the nervous system rather than the skeletal system. When you need adjustment, its usually because the bones are pinching nerves, hence the pain. Nerves is what sends signals to and from the brain. If the nerve is blocked, so are the messages it's trying to send. Chiro care is used to treat all sorts of conditions. Even though I'm not going for infertility reasons, I don't see how this could hurt anything. Only improve my health and well being. My plan is to continue through out pregnancy as that clearly does a number on your body.

I have an RE appt tomorrow morning. Will update but looking forward to start stims on Saturday. Only 4 more days away!

No comments:

Post a Comment