Monday, November 12, 2012

This day can't go fast enough

Sitting here at work, trying to keep busy and tie up loose ends. Originally I was only going to take Tuesday and Wednesday off for bed rest, but I just can't get over the thought in my head that I need more time laying around at home. I have this fear that if I stand up, my embryos will fall out of me. LOL...sounds utterly ridiculous and silly, but in all honesty I can't get past that thought.

So I came into work this morning and talked to my boss. I asked if it would be ok to work from home half days each day, Thursday and Friday. She didn't even have to think about it. She said of course! She is super excited for us and said this is a once in a life time shot. She wants to see us succeed. And if it means more bedrest, she is more than happy to provide that for me. We got all mushy and teary eyed. She gave me a hug. I'm so forever thankful that I have the support I need at work. I told her that I know women who are going through what I'm going through and are hiding it from everyone at work. I can't even imagine not telling anyone. If it means more support and prayers, then so be it. I'm not ashamed that we need help conceiving. It's practically an epidemic now a days. 1 out of 6 couples struggle with infertility. So heartbreaking!

 Well, I have a laptop at home and am able to login and do some things while laying down those 2 days. Then it's rest for the rest of the day. Ultimately I will be resting for a total of 6 days. I'm very happy for that opportunity.

Updates tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment