Tuesday, June 5, 2012

IUI Cycle # 3

Forgive me for my lack of posts. The rest cycle was exactly what I needed. Just relaxing and not worrying about the trying to conceive world. In fact it was needed also due to the approaching deadline we had at work. It certainly kept my mind busy. Plus we have started some major projects to the yard and landscaping at home. This has been an exciting couple months for us. Never thought I would be this elated over landscape design. My cycle started May 12. Got into the office on the 14th and started meds on the 15th. This is later than I usually start but I couldn’t get in any earlier. So I started meds on day 5 vs. the usual day 3. Because of this, the whole cycle was a bit delayed but it wasn’t terrible. I responded very well to the meds again having several sizable follicles on my right and one on my left. IUI was Sunday May 27th and we are now in the 2 week wait. I have already gone in for my mid 2 week wait appt for blood work and ultrasound yesterday which showed fluid in my left AND right tubes which indicates that I released eggs on both sides. So now I just either way til my period starts or my next appt for bloodwork for pregnancy test on Monday June, 11. I have to be honest, I really have no faith in this study anymore. I really don’t think IUIs will work with us with John’s sperm numbers and quality. They keep getting worse every month. First month was 2 million, the next month was .5 million and this month was .2 million. Like I have said before, it sounds like a lot but that is considered almost non-existent compared to the 10s of millions of sperm men should have. At this point, I’m ready for this study to be over. I’m tired of the appts and knowing in the pit of my stomach that this isn’t for us. I’m just going through the motions really. We have one more try after this time and then we will be done with the study. Just in time for our trip to Florida to visit my mother in law for a week. I’m so excited to have a REAL vacation. It’s been too long since we have had a week of nothing but vacation to do what we want. The last time we took a week off was for our wedding and we didn’t even go on a honeymoon. It was far from relaxing as you can imagine. We plan on taking Morgan to DisneyWorld for a day, Sea World, an Alligator farm, zoo and much more. You should hear from me within the next week for an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment