Monday, February 27, 2012

Qualified!

We are officially qualified for the study! I am so excited! I still can't believe we were given this opportunity. My appointment on 2/13 consisted of a preliminary ultrasound to just check everything out. They said it all looks good. They took some blood and I was on my way. Next day I was told we were good to go for the study and to call them when my next cycle started. My cycle started on 2/23. I had an appt on 2/24 for ultrasound, bloodwork and to get my meds. I was randomly selected for pills. I was a little disappointed that I didn't get the injectibles, but I'm ok with it now. Pills are simply easier. I started those Saturday. It's 5 days worth of pills. I am on day 3 today. I go back on Friday for an ultrasound and more bloodwork. They are going to measure my follicles to see how I'm responding to the meds. I may or may not have to come back 1 or 2 more times for ultrasound depending on the size of the follicles and if they are mature. Once they give me the go ahead, I will be given a trigger shot (HCG shot) to force my body to ovulate. 36 hours after the shot I will go in and have the IUI done. This will happen next. Cross your fingers and toes, pray real hard and think positive thoughts that this works for us. The more people on our side the better :-) Thank you everyone! We love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment